In most of the cases, the reasons for a short running time are not necessarily production faults, but rather:
- Environmental influences (e.g. humidity, temperature).
- Personal hearing habits have changed (longer period of use per day, higher noise level, new features of the hearing aid are being used).
- The hearing aid was in use longer than usual (e.g. night at the theatre).
- The hearing aid is new, or the type or brand of the hearing aid has changed.
- The new hearing aid has additional features that require more energy.
Improper handling can also reduce the running time of the hearing aid battery, e.g.:
- The battery tab is removed and the activation period as too short. It has to be 2 minutes or more before it is inserted into the hearing aid.
- The hearing aid is not switched off overnight or after a long period of non-use.
- The battery loses capacity due to a short circuit when mishandled (e.g. through contact with metal objects).
- The battery is stored in a warm environment (e.g. in a parked car in the sun).